Sunday, January 23

Grey January days......

It has been a long gray week for us, and more rain to come. My darling dad passed away on Thursday. The horrible cancer that started on his lip in three short months found it's way to his lymph nodes and then his liver. While part of me knows it is the natural order of things for a child to bury a parent, it all feels very unnatural indeed.
So we will have a wee dram for you on Tuesday Dad from all those Christmas bottles you never got a chance to drink, and I will make little Yorkshire puds and roast beef, your most fav meal (even in January). There will be Charlie Pride and Tom T Hall on the stereo, and lots of talk. You liked to tell a story, and you told one well. You were funny and wise and gentle, and right to the end were thanking the lovely Oncology staff for helping you . They appreciated it.
I wish you had lived to enjoy the cricket world cup, you did so love your cricket. We will think of you when we watch.
I loved you for being my Dad, but you know what, I really liked you too. I will miss you every day
xx

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Sending warm fuzzies through cyberspace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to read your news. My deepest condolences.
    On of my dearest friends lost her father a week ago. He was in his 80s and had a good life, and yet, it's still very hard to lose one's parents.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that. But smile at the idea of roast beef and rokshire pud on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to your Dad - he was obviously a wonderful man.

    My thoughts are with you during this awful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What to say? Death sucks. Be kind to yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry Kristina, how awful :( A beautiful and moving post - a lovely tribute. Also, love the new look, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you all my condolences from South Africa. Such a beautiful tribute to your father - and such a lovely way to celebrate his memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best Kristina. I know how you feel and while it hurts like hell, your Dad is in a better place and can rest easy now. Try to enjoy the cricket for your Dad, and I hope the dinner goes well.
    Thinking of you and your family.

    I'll have a drink for him and tell him, Rowdy says Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you SO much everyone for all your lovely thoughts and comments, at a sad time it means a lot to me x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautifully touching tribute to your Dad. He sounds as though he was very special, caring and much loved!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say, please feel free to comment:)